On 10 June 2020, Smart City leaders from various Asian countries got together in “Transforming and Enabling Smart Cities of Tomorrow” – a digital roundtable jointly hosted by ASOCIO and Smart Cities Network – to share their Smart City transformation strategies and discuss ways innovative technologies can help economies.
Speaking as Singapore’s industry voice, Mr. Lau Shih Hor, Chairman of SGTech’s Smart Nation Chapter, presented the latest Smart Nation blueprints, outlining the different applications and concepts implemented by the government to engage its citizens.
After an introduction of SGTech and its Smart Nation Chapter, Mr. Lau provided insights into how the association aims to develop the Smart Nation Industry Ecosystem by leveraging on the capabilities of the community for collaboration with government agencies.
In the Q&A session, he shared the approach adopted in working with the Government’s Smart Nation team to develop the Digital Economic Ecosystem in Singapore and talked about the local Digital Payment landscape, highlighting the challenges faced in unifying one standard e-payment mode.
· Mr. Tay Kok Chin, Chairman of Smart Cities Network
Welcome Remarks By:
· Mr. David Wong, ASOCIO Chairman
· Mr. Lau Shih Hor, CEO of Elixir Technology Pte Ltd, and Chairman, SGTech’s Smart Nation Chapter
· Mr. David Mizan Hashim, President and Founding Principal of VERITAS Design Group, Malaysia
· Mr. Hamdan Abdul Majeed, Managing Director, Think City, Malaysia
· Mr. Pak Setiajia, Head, West Java Digital Province, Indonesia
· Dr. Non A, Senior Expert in Smart City Promotion, Thailand’s Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA), Thailand
· Ms. Vo Thi Trung Trinh, Deputy Director, Department of Information and Communications Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
· TPr. Wee Huay Neo, ASOCIO Advisor